Exclusions are events and conditions that we don’t cover. You’ll find the list of all the exclusions in your policy documentation.
For policies issued from 2022, the following exclusions apply:
We will not process a claim if death is caused by suicide, (also during periods of insanity), committed within 60 months (5 years) from the start date of the cover benefit. If the cover amount is increased during the term, a new 60-month waiting period will apply to the increased cover amount from the effective date of the increase. The claimant must prove that the insured did not commit suicide.
We will not pay out a claim if the insured’s death is a direct or indirect result of the insured participating in any of the following:
● Motorsport, motorized racing, or speed contests;
● Aviation, including but not limited to participation in microlight flights, hang-gliding, paragliding, parasailing, sky-diving, parachuting, acrobatic flying, base jumping or sky-surfing
● Diving to depths more than 30m including but not limited to wreck penetration, cage, cave, solo; rebreather diving, free diving, apnea diving, and all other diving not considered to be recreational.
We will also not pay out a claim during the cover period under the policy if the claim results directly or indirectly from any of the following, whereby the insured:
- participates in a riot, insurrection, civil commotion, military or hostile action, or an act of terrorism
- commits a deliberate, unlawful act
- deliberately inflict an injury on themselves
- takes part in any of the following aviation activities: aerial photography, pylon racing, game spotting, aerobic display, crop spraying, or herd thinning
- takes drugs or medicine not in accordance with a medical prescription, or drives any form of motorised vehicle on a public road whilst blood alcohol level exceeds the legal limit;
- is exposed to a nuclear explosion or radio-activity
We will not process a claim if a claim event occurs in any one of the following countries or territories:
Afghanistan, Angola, Cabinda Province, Burundi, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, Niger Delta, North Korea, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Ukraine, and Yemen.
The above list (as it is at 1 January) will be applicable for that year and may change in the future. If you live or plan to live in one of these countries or territories, it is your responsibility to send us a written request instructing us to terminate your benefits. We will not refund any premiums because the cover is excluded in these countries or territories.